|U13-U18||August/September||October-March||February/March||May-October (break in July/August)|
|Adult||Contact Club||October-March||Contact Club||May-October|
- Registration opens in August and the season runs from mid-October to mid-March
- Indoor games are scheduled as follows:
- Girls Teams play on Saturdays
- Boys Teams play on Sundays
- Teams may also practice during the week, but that all depends if teams can get gym time and if the coach wants to practice
- Games will be scheduled at these Indoor Field Locations:
- Winnipeg Soccer North - 770 Leila Ave. (Garden City)
- Winnipeg Soccer South - 211 Chancellor Matheson Rd. (U of M)
- U of W Rec-Plex - 350 Spence St. (less likely to be used)
- Unfortunately, West St. Paul does not have an Indoor Mini Soccer Program!
- Garden City C.C. or Gateway C.C. do run an Indoor Mini Program, so you can check with them to register
- Registration usually opens in February, there is a deadline to register due to the FCNW Team Formation Meeting – usually held mid-to-late March, and the season runs in May and June
- Depending on the age, outdoor games are scheduled as follows:
- Odd Years (U9, U11, U13, U15 & U17) - Tuesdays, Thursdays and the odd time Saturdays
- Even Years (U10, U12, U14, U16 & U18) - Mondays, Wednesdays and the odd time Fridays
- Outdoor Soccer games are played twice a week all around the city – travel is required!
- Teams may also practice during the week, but that all depends if teams can get field time and if the coach wants to practice
The Canada Soccer Grassroots Standards have been designed to create the best possible learning and development environment for all young players in Canada. The Grassroots Standards are based on global best practice while taking into account the realities of Canadian soccer. Click HERE to read more!
COACHES - Click HERE for for Grassroots Practice Plans for U5-U18 Soccer! Manitoba Soccer Associations Technical Department provides weekly practice plans for Active Start, FUNdamentals, and Learn to Train Coaches
All U9-U18 Soccer Coaches must:
- Register with Manitoba Soccer Association & Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association
- Complete the appropriate Canada Soccer Grassroots Coaching Certification for the age/stage you are coaching
- Complete Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- Obtain a Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Obtain a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Send a Picture to FC Northwest for Coaches Card
All information must be submitted directly to the FC Northwest Soccer District - EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
FC Northwest Coaches Card - Once everything has been sent in and completed, your Card will be stamped for the Season you are coaching (ex: 2021 Indoor). These cards are good for several seasons; they just need to get be stamped for every season you are coaching (as long as all required documents are still up to date)
See below for more info on each requirement to Coach!:
Manitoba Soccer Association & Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association Coaches Registration
All coaches must be registered - a link to register as a COACH will be sent to you
Canada Soccer Grassroots Coaching Certification
The Community Stream courses are designed for grassroots coaches wanting an introduction into the basics of coaching soccer. Coaches should enter the Community Stream at the appropriate age and stage of the players they intend on working with. All courses are participatory and there is no evaluation.
The Community Stream has four courses based on Stages 1, 2, 3, and 7 of the Long Term Player Development Model. The first three courses, Active Start, FUNdamentals and Learn to Train, deal with soccer training and the importance of physical literacy for players up to 12 years of age. The fourth course in this stream, Soccer for Life focuses on working with players of any age.
Information on the Coaches Clinics that Manitoba Soccer Association is hosting can be found HERE
(Good for 5 years)
Free Course offered ONLINE through Sport Manitoba
If you have completed RIS in the past - click on "Click here to look it up" and input your email address that you would have used. You will be able to see your certification date. From that date your certification is good for 5 years.
If the date is past 5 years they will need to click "Click here to re-certify"
Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
West St. Paul Residents:
In order to volunteer with the Rural Municipality of West St. Paul a Criminal Record Search & Vulnerable Sector Check must be obtained through the Red River North (formerly East St. Paul) RCMP Detachment. You must live in the RM of West St. Paul to obtain a Criminal Record Search through this RCMP Detachment.
Steps to obtain Criminal Record Search & Vulnerable Sector Checks:
City of Winnipeg Residents:
If you have a copy of a past Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check that is less than 3 years old please send a copy to FC Northwest Soccer District - EMAIL to email@example.com
Do not worry about the payment portion on the last page, just input your name on the top line
Send completed form and picture of two (2) pieces of valid ID used for verification to firstname.lastname@example.org
FC Northwest Soccer District - EMAIL to email@example.com
If you needed to pay for anything, please send a receipt to FC Northwest and the Sunova Centre so we know you have applied for these checks
RECEIPTS for fees paid to complete steps above can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for
World Governing Body
Regional Governing body (6 in the World)
National Governing Body
Provincial Governing Body
City Youth Soccer League
District Club (5 in the City)
West St. Paul Soccer
For Recreation Soccer, the program is administered out of West St. Paul lead by two volunteer soccer conveners (U9-U12 and U13+). The program is assisted by the Recreational Director of West St. Paul and works in conjunction with the WSP Recreation Committee. Coach’s for the teams are selected from volunteers (mostly parents) and depending on the number of children registered and volunteers, the team is either hosted at WSP or another community club within the FCNW boundaries (Northwest part of the city).