West St. Paul U9-U18 Soccer Registration - REGISTRATION CLOSED
a). A player is considered and processed as a late registration if their registration is received after the team formation & player placement meeting has taken place.
b). At this time teams have been formed and players are generally placed according to team numbers. Requests are very difficult to process when a player is late and are most often not met.
c). It can take up to two weeks to process a late registration so this may mean the start of the season beginning before a player is confirmed on a team.
d). Players cannot attend or participate with any team (practices, games, etc.) until the convener and/or coach have confirmed them on a roster.
e). Players will not be transferred to another district at this time if a spot can be provided on a team within the FCNW district.
Information on the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association 2023 Outdoor Recreational Soccer Season
Recreational Soccer Seasons
- U9-U18 Ages
- Registration runs in August/September, with a deadline to register due to the FC Northwest Team formation Meeting
- The Indoor Soccer Season runs from mid-November to mid-March
- Indoor games are scheduled as follows:
- Girls Teams play on Saturdays
- Boys Teams play on Sundays
- Teams may also practice during the week, but that all depends if teams can get gym time and if the coach wants to practice
- Games will be scheduled at these Indoor Field Locations:
- Winnipeg Soccer North - 770 Leila Ave. (Garden City)
- Winnipeg Soccer South - 211 Chancellor Matheson Rd. (U of M)
- U of W Rec-Plex - 350 Spence St. (less likely to be used)
- U9-18 Ages
- Registration runs in February/March, with a deadline to register due to the FC Northwest Team formation Meeting
- The Outdoor Soccer Season runs in May/June for U9-U12 and *May/June/July* for U13-U18 (*New for 2023*)
- Depending on the age, outdoor games are scheduled as follows:
- Odd Years (U9, U11, U13, U15 & U17) - Tuesdays, Thursdays and the odd time Saturdays
- Even Years (U10, U12, U14, U16 & U18) - Mondays, Wednesdays and the odd time Fridays
- There are separate Girls Teams and Boys Teams
- Outdoor Soccer games are played twice a week
- Travel is required for Outdoor Recreational Soccer - games are scheduled by WYSA and are held at different locations in the city as well as surrounding communities
- Games usually start at 6pm or 7:30pm depending on field availability and scheduling
- Teams may also practice during the week, but that all depends if teams can get field time and if the coach wants to practice
Information for Coaches
The Canada Soccer Grassroots Standards have been designed to create the best possible learning and development environment for all young players in Canada. The Grassroots Standards are based on global best practice while taking into account the realities of Canadian soccer. Click HERE to read more!
COACHES - Click HERE for for Grassroots Practice Plans for U5-U18 Soccer! Manitoba Soccer Associations Technical Department provides weekly practice plans for Active Start, FUNdamentals, and Learn to Train Coaches
Are you interested in volunteering to coach?! Here is what you need to know:
All U9-U18 Soccer Coaches must:
- Register with Manitoba Soccer Association & Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association
- Complete the appropriate Canada Soccer Grassroots Coaching Certification for the age/stage you are coaching
- Complete Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
- Obtain a Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Obtain a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Send a Picture to FC Northwest for Coaches Card
All information must be submitted directly to the FC Northwest Soccer District - Email to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com
FC Northwest Coaches Card - Once everything has been sent in and completed, your Card will be stamped for the Season you are coaching (ex: 2021 Indoor). These cards are good for several seasons; they just need to get be stamped for every season you are coaching (as long as all required documents are still up to date)
See below for more info on each requirement to Coach!:
Manitoba Soccer Association & Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association Coaches Registration
All coaches must be registered - a link to register as a COACH will be sent to you
Canada Soccer Grassroots Coaching Certification
The Community Stream courses are designed for grassroots coaches wanting an introduction into the basics of coaching soccer. Coaches should enter the Community Stream at the appropriate age and stage of the players they intend on working with. All courses are participatory and there is no evaluation.
The Community Stream has four courses based on Stages 1, 2, 3, and 7 of the Long Term Player Development Model. The first three courses, Active Start, FUNdamentals and Learn to Train, deal with soccer training and the importance of physical literacy for players up to 12 years of age. The fourth course in this stream, Soccer for Life focuses on working with players of any age.
Information on the Coaches Clinics that Manitoba Soccer Association is hosting can be found HERE
Respect in Sport (RIS) for Activity Leaders (Good for 5 years)
Free Course offered ONLINE through Sport Manitoba
If you have completed RIS in the past - click on "Click here to look it up" and input your email address that you would have used. You will be able to see your certification date. From that date your certification is good for 5 years.
If the date is past 5 years they will need to click "Click here to re-certify"
Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check (Good for 3 years)
West St. Paul Residents:
In order to volunteer with the Rural Municipality of West St. Paul a Criminal Record Search & Vulnerable Sector Check must be obtained through the Red River North (formerly East St. Paul) RCMP Detachment. You must live in the RM of West St. Paul to obtain a Criminal Record Search through this RCMP Detachment.
Steps to obtain Criminal Record Search & Vulnerable Sector Checks:
1. Download the "Consent for Release of Information” (Criminal Record Check) and "Consent for Check for Sexual Offence for which a Record Suspension has Been Granted or Issued” (Vulnerable Sector Check) Forms
2. Please print the forms and complete all the highlighted areas. Be sure to initial "The Type of Record Check Required” where indicated
3. Hand in the completed forms and copies of two (2) pieces of valid Government issued identification, one of which must be photo identification to the Access Centre. Copies of 2 Pieces of ID is required!! Please do not send your Social Insurance Number
4. Completed forms, copies of your ID and a Volunteer Letter will be submitted to the Red River North RCMP Detachment on your behalf
5. Completed criminal record check will be mailed to you within 10-14 business days upon receipt - once check is received send a copy to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com
City of Winnipeg Residents:
To those that reside in Winnipeg please follow the process below to get your criminal record check started.
1. Go to Winnipeg Police Service - PIC
2. Follow the instructions on the pages
3. Agency name: Rural Municipality of West St. Paul
4. Once submitted, please forward confirmation email received to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a copy of a past Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check that is less than 3 years old please send a copy to FC Northwest Soccer District - EMAIL to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com
Child Abuse Registry Checks (Good for 3 years)
Fill out the Application for a Child Abuse Registry Check document
Do not worry about the payment portion on the last page, just input your name on the top line
Send completed form and picture of two (2) pieces of valid ID used for verification to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com
If you have a copy of a past Child Abuse Registry Check that is less than 3 years old please send a copy to FC Northwest Soccer District - EMAIL to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com
If you needed to pay for anything, please send a receipt to ClubCoordinator@fcnorthwest.com and email@example.com so we know you have applied for these checks
RECEIPTS for fees paid to complete steps above can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement
World Governing Body
Regional Governing body (6 in the World)
National Governing Body
Provincial Governing Body
City Youth Soccer League
District Club (5 in the City)
West St. Paul Soccer
Weather Cancellations & Important Websites
WYSA (Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association) posts on game days if games will be called off due to weather
Visit the WYSA Website for info on Cancellations