Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A


Utility Information

Utilities are billed quarterly:
January 1 – March 31(Billed First week of April, Due Last working day in April)
April 1 – June 30(Billed First week of July, Due Last working day in July)
July 1 – September 30(Billed First week of October, Due Last working day in October)
October 1 – December 31(Billed First week of January, Due Last working day in January)

Utility receipts will only be issued upon request or if a balance is outstanding on the account.
Office Hours are 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Penalty of 1.25% will be added on the first day of each month that you are in arrears.  All outstanding utility balances are transferred to the tax account at December 31 of each year.
The effective date for payments made to the RM of West St. Paul will be the actual day of receipt by the RM of West St. Paul. To avoid late fees, mail in a postdated cheque and allow ample time for the payment to reach the Municipal Office or allow 4 to 5 business days for online payments to be processed by your financial institution and the RM of West St. Paul’s financial institution.
For your convenience, there is a dropbox located at the entrance of the Municipal Office for those who are unable to attend during office hours.
Utility Payment Options

The RM of West St. Paul has the following methods for paying utility bills:
  1. AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE – 3550 Main Street, West St. Paul, MB
  2. BY MAIL - RM of West St. Paul, 3550 Main Street, West St. Paul, MB R4A 5A3
  3. ONLINE - Set up a payment option for utility bills with your financial institution or TelPay, using your Utility Account number. Click here to learn more.
  4. PRE-AUTHORIZED UTILITY PAYMENT PROGRAM SERVICE (PUPPS) - This option allows account holders to have automatic withdrawals from their bank accounts. For more information on enrollment please click here.
  5. INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS - Payments can be made either by coming into the Municipal Office, by mailing in postdated cheques or through online banking, payments will be credited to the utility account.
Cash, cheque or interact are accepted. Please make cheques payable to RM of West St. Paul and be sure to write the Account number on the cheque or present the utility statement when making your payment to ensure that payment is applied to the correct account. 
Please note that many debit cards have daily limits on them so verify with your financial institution before coming to the Municipal Office to make your payment.  Credit cards are not accepted.
NOTE: Please ensure you allow ample time for your online payment to reach the RM of West St. Paul’s financial institution. A good guideline to follow is 4 to 5 business days for processing by your financial institution and the RM of West St Paul’s financial institution.
If the property you own is connected to either sewer or water, and will have renters in it who require a direct utility billing in their name the RM MUST have a rental form completed and submitted into the RM within 5 business days of possession date in or out in order to process. The form must be completed by the property owner and the RM is unable to make any changes to the utility account unless notice in writing is submitted from the property owner on title. Non-timely submission of tenant move in or out may not have adjustments made to the account. Please complete rental form here and email into or deliver to the RM office at 3550 Main Street in West St. Paul each time there is a move in or out. 

Property owners will be responsible for all days in between a tenant in and out of the property, and unpaid utility invoices should tenant(s) not pay their utility invoices consistently and in a timely manner will be transferred to the tax roll near the end of each year where it will continue to accrue interest. 

I have questions about my meter.  Who should I call?

Please report any concerns or questions about your water meter into the RM of West St. Paul.

Reminder that all water meters are the property of the RM of West St. Paul. For service/inquiries please call 204-334-0092. The water meter in your home is not permitted to be removed, By-Passed or Tampered with in any way by anyone other than RM Utility staff in the case of an emergency/special circumstance if required. Non-compliance will be subject to fines as per the utility by-laws: Sewer Rate By-Law 2019-06 and Water Rate By-Law 2018-02. The RM appreciates your co-operation in this matter.

What if I need to have plumbing work done near the meter?
Contact the RM Utility Department to discuss plumbing work or renovations that may effect the water meter or its placement.
Remember – meters should never be removed, by-passed or moved within the home.  Meter tampering is subject to a minimum charge of $500. For more information see sections 3 and 8 of Sewer Rate By-Law 2019-06, which can be found here.

How do I read my meter?
Click here for information on how you can read your meter.
I have no water, who do I contact?
Contact the Public Works Department during business hours at 204-334-0092. To contact the Public Works Department after hours please click here to enter a Request for Service.
I am moving. What do I do?
Please contact the Public Works Utility Department at 204-334-0092 or to provide the 9 digit Initial/final utility reading and up to date contact information to ensure final utility billings are issued and new utility accounts are setup in the correct owners. For help on how to read your water meter please see ‘How do I read my meter?’ section above, or contact the utility department for help. The RM requires all changeover information submitted within 5 business days of possession to guarantee accurate final billing. Late submission of a changeover may not have adjustments made to the utility account.
Do you want to receive your utility bill by email? 
Get an email consent form here. Please send completed forms to