Dynamic First Aid & CPR Courses
Instructor: Katrina Ritchot - Sopko of Dynamic First Aid & CPR
Click HERE to Register!!
Pre-Payment & Pre-Registration REQUIRED for each Course - E-Transfer Registration Fee to Dynamic First Aid
PLEASE NOTE WHICH CLASS YOU ARE PAYING FOR WHEN COMPLETING THE E-TRANSFER
Don’t want to pay via e-transfer?
Please contact the Sunova Centre to make other payment arrangements prior to the registration deadline.
STAY SAFE Course - Cancelled
Prerequisite: 9-12yrs (or completion of Grade 3)
Prerequisite: Minimum of 11yrs of age (or completion of Grade 5)
In-Person Session: Wednesday December 2nd (rescheduled date) – drop-off time 5:45pm with additional Self-Study Portion
Course Fee: $80.00/Participant
Babysitters Manual and Course Outline must be picked from the Sunova Centre - an email will be sent to arrange this. Participants must go over and complete course material before the in-person session on December 2nd. This material will be reviewed and the practical course material, such as first aid and how to care for children, will be discussed during the in-person session. Participants must wear a mask and practice social distancing when in the course.
The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth ages 11-15yrs old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
Course Content: How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership; How to make good decisions & manage difficult behaviours; Info on children’s development & specific strategies for each stage; How to feed, diaper, dress and play with children & babies; How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours; First aid skills; The business of babysitting.
Hey Program Participants!
Here is info you need to know about the Sunova Centre – West St. Paul’s Recreation Site / RM of West St. Paul’s Reopening Plan
As we open our facility, we will see more members of the community use the space. It is very important that we offer a safe environment for the community.
We are going to do this in various ways:
- Masks are required in the common areas, optional in programming
- Facility users are asked not to arrive sooner than 10 minutes before their designated timeslot and must leave immediately after their program ends
- The main doors will remain locked and will be unlocked to let in those that are attending the facility for a program/rental
- The maximum number of people permitted indoors is 50, except where distinct groups of 50 can be separated to prevent contact with other groups through the use of separate exits, staggered schedules, as well as sufficient space to avoid congestion
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter and exit the facility
- One entrance will be used to control the amount of people who enter the facility
- One exit will be used to control the flow of those exiting the facility
- Follow arrows for entrance and exit procedures
- Be aware of the physical distancing markers on the ground
- Plexi-glass installed to have a barrier between the desk in the office and the customer
- Change room, shower areas, water fountains and equipment room are closed
- Bleachers in mezzanine will be removed
- Multiple programs/rentals in the facility will refrain from interacting with the other groups
- Avoid congregating in shared areas, such as the lobby of the facility
- Allow physical distancing of two meters (6ft) at all times; except brief exchanges with others
- Only conduct necessary and brief exchanges within two meters (6ft) of others
- Extra time between programs/rentals to leave time for extra sanitization and disinfection
- RM Staff will ensure the area being used is cleaned and sanitized thoroughly before the program/rental takes place
- RM Staff will regularly clean high touch surfaces
Sunova Centre Programs
- Pre-registration is required for each Sunova Centre Program – drop-ins will not be permitted
- Find the Fall 2020 Sunova Centre Program Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/zqw5USF6o9P41ZF68
- Program participants are asked not to arrive sooner than 10 minutes before their designated timeslot and must leave immediately after their program ends
- All individuals entering the facility for a program must self-screen for symptoms prior to participation: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
- Any individual who has answered "Yes” to any question is not permitted to enter the facility
- Individuals answering "Yes” to any of the screening questions are encouraged to go directly home and seek medical advice by calling Health Links-Info Santé in Winnipeg at 204-788-8200
- All individuals that enter the facility & attend a program must complete a sign-in document
- The completed sign-in document must be provided to the Recreation Director after the program and will be kept for a minimum of 21 days
- Participants must bring their own equipment for the program they are attending – the Sunova Centre equipment room will be closed
This information is subject to change at any time by the RM of West St. Paul based on information and guidelines provided by the Province of Manitoba.
Contact the Sunova Centre – West St. Paul’s Recreation Site
Rural Municipality of West St. Paul
Click HERE to read the Sunova Centre – West St. Paul’s Recreation Site / RM of West St. Paul Reopening Plan in FULL!