The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve rapidly worldwide. The RM of West St. Paul is in contact with provincial and federal agencies to ensure we have up-to-date information to assist in dealing with this pandemic. The Municipality is committed to providing residents with timely and relevant information.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we all have a role to play in slowing its spread and minimizing its impact on our health care system and in our communities.
Transmission of COVID-19 occurs most commonly through close contact (within two meters/six feet) with an infected person who is coughing or sneezing. It can also spread by touching objects and surfaces contaminated with the virus and then touching your mouth, eyes or nose. Public health officials are also reminding everyone to frequently wash their hands thoroughly, practice proper coughing and sneezing etiquette and to stay home when sick.
To help slow the spread of COVID-19 please:
- Do not engage in contact with others for more than 10 minutes and stay more than two metres apart while in public;
- avoid greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
- disinfect frequently used surfaces;
- follow public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus; and
- consider avoiding travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk.
- wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds and make sure to dry hands thoroughly, or use an alcohol-based hand cleanser if your hands are not visibly dirty.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
We will continue to be proactive in our efforts to minimize risk and reduce the potential for spreading the COVID-19 virus while ensuring our staff are able to maintain essential RM services, such as emergency response, water and sewer service, garbage and recycling collection and road clearing.
The RM of West St. Paul Municipal Office is open to the public. Office hours are 9:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Municipal staff are also available by phone at 204-338-0306 and email at email@example.com.
It is more important than ever at this time that we continue to work as a community to have compassion for others, to take care of ourselves and to nourish our mental and physical health. We will continue to be strong as a Province, as a Municipality and most importantly as a Community.
To all our residents, staff and their families, stay safe and be healthy.